GPI US is seeking a Head Coordinator who is interested in creating a positive experience for Japanese high school students studying in New York City. Interest in global education and experience working in the travel industry a plus.
• Be able to engage in discussions to help students improve communication skills, critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, cultural and global awareness
• Manage all aspects of the program as it is running - from double checking bus reservations, paying restaurant bills, delegating instructions, being on site at host school, communicating with host families, confirming activities to filling in as discussion leader if needed
• Work effectively as a leader in a team environment
• Be confident in making quick decisions, handling emergencies, acting as liaison between Japanese teachers/escorts and GPI US staff
• Being flexible and able to work 12+ hour days while program is in session
• Applicants should have an interest in education, international cultures, globalization, travel, and/or Japan
• Applicants should have knowledge and understanding of Japanese culture
• Ability to speak English and Japanese fluently
• Applicants must be familiar with the NYC area and feel confident navigating the public transportation system and leading students
• Applicants must be confident managing Student Coordinators and 40+ Japanese high school students while acting as main contact for all aspects of program
• December 12th – 19th 2016 (must be able to work every day of program)
• GPI US has several openings for Head Coordinator position during spring & summer 2017.
- 日給：$150 - 300
- Greater NYC
- Regional Manager